ME ENOUGH to get me to participate.
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops? Yes. Spent a night in jail, too. Learned my lesson the first time. Never been back.
2. Do you close your eyes on a roller coaster? No. I mean, why would you get on the damned thing and then close your eyes? If you can’t look, don’t sit down.
3. When’s the last time you’ve been sledging? I assume they mean “sledding,” as in on snow. A long-assed time ago.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone? Either way’s fine. The real question is: would somebody rather sleep with me?
5. Do you believe in ghosts? Not the way myth and lore present them, but I find the concept fascinating once you strip away all the superstition.
6. Do you consider yourself creative? I sure better, considering it’s how I make my living.
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife? Yup.
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie? I don’t get this. If you respect either one, (not saying I do, just sayin’s all), wouldn’t her wishes have some sway? And, since you don’t know her, isn’t your expression of desire rather — oh, I don’t know — shallow? And do you really want that image of you spread all over the Internet? I mean, seriously!
9. Can you honestly say you know anything about politics? Can I!
10. Do you know how to play poker? Yes. Unfortunately, I also tend to play with rather more… um .. optimism, shall we say, than would be warranted. After losing the rent money a few times in my younger, stupider days, I gave it up as a bad job. I now have this attitude that life is enough of a gamble. I don’t need to lengthen the odds against me by playing games with chance.
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight? Yep. But that’s about my limit. Then my body just shuts down.
12. What’s your favorite commercial? I’d have to say the original “Where’s the beef!?” (Clara Peller for Wendy’s, back in the ’80s.)
13. Who was your first love? Real, or puppy? Hmm. Puppy would be a girl named Valerie in first grade. Real would be Terry Bruggeman, the literal girl next door. OK, down the block.
14. If you’re driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run a red light? There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are stupid and bent on suicide and those who understand that traffic rules exist for a reason. No. I stop and wait. It would be JUST my luck, (see #10 above), that the time I chose to run a light, an emergency vehicle would come out of nowhere and t-bone me. No thanks.
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you? And I’m going to tell you?
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees? I hate sports. But if I had to pick, it would be the Big Red Machine of the ’70s.
17. Have you ever been ice skating? Several times. You know that scene in the Disney version of Bambi where the Young Prince has his first experience of frozen water? I’ll give you a hint: I’m not Thumper.
18. How often do you remember your dreams? Not often enough. They’d be excellent story fodder if I could.
19. What’s the one thing on your mind? A tie: Money or sex.
20. Do you always wear your seat belt? Yes.
21. What talent do you wish you had? Oh, I’m pretty cool with the talents I have. Skills, now — I’m greedy for all I can get.
22. Do you like sushi? Dunno. Never had it. I suspect probably I would.
23. What do you wear to bed? Skin.
24. Do you truly hate anyone? Yes. Any politician who seeks to enslave those over whom he has power. Which is, these days, nearly any Democrat in Federal office. And a lot of Republicans, too — more’s the pity.
25. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be? See #8 above.
26. Do you know anyone in jail? I don’t think so. Somebody I know might be in jail, but if so, I’m unaware of it.
27. What food do you find disgusting? Liver.
28. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back? No. The very thought of it makes me uncomfortable — as though I’m somehow being disloyal. No, if I’m going to make fun of somebody, I want it to be in such a way as they can laugh along with the rest of us.
29. Have you ever been punched in the face? Yes.
30. Do you believe in angels and demons? Maybe. See #5 above. I suspect they have more reality within us than without.
Spotted at and stolen from Mostly Cajun, All American.